Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
29 comments

Sci Tech

To Infinity and Beyond: New Frontiers in the Science Wars

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Group(s): , Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 1   Funny 1   Interesting 1

Headlined to H4 6/1/12

To infinity and beyond"

Next Page  1  |  2

Tim McGettigan is a professor of sociology at Colorado State University -- Pueblo. Tim's primary research interests are in the areas of science, technology, society (STS) and the future and Tim blogs about those topics at the following sites: The (more...)

Stephen Hawking's God: A Stubbornly Persistent Illusion

Elementary My Dear Watson! The Beauty (and Baloney) of Being Right about Everything

It's Alive!! Ray Kurzweil, AI, and Frankentelligence

Feynman's Cosmic Onion

Einstein's God is Irrelevant

Many Worlds, but only One Reality: Stephen Hawking and the Determinist Fallacy

Comments

In brief, science has routinely transformed realit... by Timothy McGettigan on Friday, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:26:39 PM
discussion of facts and truth.... by BFalcon on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:05:44 AM
Right Timmy.   Loud and proud.   It ... by Ned Lud on Friday, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:40:29 PM
Neddie:When your comments make any sense they are ... by Timothy McGettigan on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:39:43 PM
Timmy, 'locked-in' as you are, to your childhood f... by Ned Lud on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:42:47 AM
I had something similar in my comment and cut it.&... by John Reed on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:35:41 PM
With all due respect, you have posted 3,105 commen... by Daniel Geery on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 2:55:09 PM
Daniel, I was a scientist, once. Now, I am a be... by Ned Lud on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:18:44 AM
Ned:You offer naught but the gift of ignorance. As... by Timothy McGettigan on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:21:36 AM
Ned is a farmer these days.  As the old sayin... by John Reed on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:19:29 PM
"Postmodernism" was always some artsy buzzword fad... by Joe Giambrone on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 1:20:02 PM
But it is not up to those of us that keep up with ... by John Reed on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 2:27:57 PM
I think you misunderstand the comment.The author w... by Joe Giambrone on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:27:33 PM
For a rant in favor of science to have any relevan... by Joe Giambrone on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:39:35 PM
Joe:If you don't know anything about postmodernism... by Timothy McGettigan on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:45:19 PM
I took exception to the glaringly poor quality of ... by Joe Giambrone on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:31:30 PM
Joe:Now I understand your deficiency. You are rely... by Timothy McGettigan on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:21:24 PM
It's not your article I'm having trouble understan... by Joe Giambrone on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:48:34 PM
Joe:If you would like citations, then I encourage ... by Timothy McGettigan on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:51:23 AM
I usually do not reply to comments when the author... by John Reed on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 3:01:21 PM
Very entertaining. Your comments (above and bel... by Ned Lud on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:52:05 AM
I meant my comment above to be directed at Joe Gia... by Ned Lud on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:58:59 AM
I wouldn't want to defend post-modernism, but neit... by Jim Arnold on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:18:01 PM
Jim:Thanks for your intriguing comments. It's funn... by Timothy McGettigan on Saturday, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:28:10 PM
Thanks, Timothy. I'll check it out.... by Jim Arnold on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 3:04:47 AM
Thank you for a comment fit for this article. ... by John Reed on Sunday, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:51:14 PM
John, I agree that events in the world can be trea... by Jim Arnold on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:12:10 AM
Jim:I appreciate our perspective, however, please ... by Timothy McGettigan on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:25:35 AM
From the time Einstein got sucked into mathematica... by Jim Arnold on Monday, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:36:01 AM