Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 1 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest 1 Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 1 Share on StumbleUpon 1 Tell A Friend (4 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   42 comments

Life Arts

The Big Picture; The Big Lie; The Tremendous Truth

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 5 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

opednews.com Headlined to H4 1/16/13

From the Bible:

" And the Earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the Deep. And the Spirit moved out over the face of the Waters.

And God said, "Let there be Light'; and there was Light.

And God saw the Light, that it was good; and God divided the Light from the Darkness and God called the light Day and the darkness He called Night. And the Evening and the Morning were the first day.

And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the Waters and let it divide the Waters from the Waters.'"

Earth without form and void is simply meaning that matter is without form and void. This Deep the Bible talks about is not in times past. You can get there in deep meditation. It can be experienced for it is the foundation of this moment. If you think of it in terms of deep sleep, then that state of mind is Genesis 1:2, and when you open your eyes to the light of day, this is simply God saying "let there be light." Or, when a baby emerges from the dark depths of his mother's body, his emergence is his saying "let there be light."

In deep meditation, you can actually understand how this moment and all moments emerge from this dark place. Indeed, from there, you can watch your thoughts being born. This is not academic theory, it is experience. Of course, you can call the experience an hallucination while I can say scientific rationalism is an hallucination. Thus we can choose to remain divided as the Corporate Empire laughs and puts us on the daily news arguing hours upon hours while the population remains mesmerized by our silly theatrics.

Scientifically the "Earth without form and void" speaks to physicist David Bohm's idea that our world is grounded in an "Unmanifest Implicate Order" which gives rise to the "Manifest Explicit Order".

Furthermore, since Marie means Ocean (think of Marina), then what is referred to as the Virgin Birth is a timeless occurrence mirroring Genesis 1:2 and occurs in this moment. Christ is said to be the "Word made flesh" (John 1:14) which in mystic cosmology simply means the vibrations of the cosmos emanating from the Depths become form. The only way to truly understand this is through deep meditation. You have to go there.

Mirroring this Genesis account of creation, the Hindu Rig Veda states:

" There was neither death nor immortality then. There was no distinguishing sign of night or day. That one breathed, windless, by its own impulse. Other than that there was nothing beyond.

Darkness was hidden by darkness in the beginning; with no distinguishing sign, all this was Water. The Life Force that was covered with Emptiness, that one arose through the power of heat.

Desire came upon that one in the beginning; that was the first seed of mind. Poets seeking in their heart with Wisdom found the bond of existence in non-existence. ( Doniger, 1981, p. 25)

Mirroring this Hindu emptiness in the creation story of the Native American Keres Pueblo, we read:

" Ooma-oo, long ago. The Spider (Thinking Woman) was in the place where only she was. There was no light or dark; there was no warm wind, no rain or thunder. There was no cold, no ice or snow. There was only the Spider. She was a great Wise Woman, whose powers are beyond imagining. No medicine person, no conjurer or shaman, no witch or sorcerer, no scientist or inventor can imagine how great her power is. Her power is complete and total. It is pure and clear. It is the power of thought, we say, but not the kind of thought people do all the time. It's like the power of dream, but more pure. Like the spirit of vision, but more clear. It has no shape or movement because it just is. It is the power that creates all that is and it is the power of all that is....

...She was so happy with what she knew, so full of awe at the beauty of the Song (subtract the "g" and you have Son), that she thought again. And again she knew the rippling, the wrinkling, the running of spidery lines along the edges of the forming pouch of the power's Song, the folding and enfolding into a shape that held some of the power of all that is within. She knew that the place of that pouch, that bundle of her thought, her Song, was in the Northeast. So humming and Singing, she shaped them. Humming and singing, she placed them where they belonged. That was how the directions came into being. How the seasons came to be.

Next Page  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5

Burl is an avid writer and publishes to OpEd News. He is author of "Sophia's Web: A Passionate Call to Heal Our Wounded Nature." As of this writing, Burl is planning to self-publish the book. Alongside his wife, Burl co-hosts an on line radio (more...)

What's in a Seed?

Physicist Tom Campbell's Big TOE or Theory of Everything

Farmers File Suit Against Monsanto

Beyond Monsanto: Rekindling a Healthy Earth in the Face of Corporate Farming

Sex as Natural Process: A Primary Step to Healing Alienation?

The Healing Journey of a Daughter of Slavery and a Son of the Slave Trade

Comments

Anybody ready to move beyond the divisive politics... by Burl Hall on Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:27:15 PM
But it is doubtful that we will, as a group anyway... by Kim Cassidy on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:39:08 AM
Think I hear you Kim.  All I know is I'm prop... by Burl Hall on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:35:48 AM
Are deeply connected, and I also understand the NE... by Kim Cassidy on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:50:41 AM
Wow thanks for that idea, Burl. I knew that the ... by Theresa Paulfranz on Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:58:27 PM
Yes, I agree regarding science....I also wonder ho... by Burl Hall on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:37:45 AM
which shows how particles (such as fine sand, or t... by Meryl Ann Butler on Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:28:07 PM
Yes, I'm somewhat familiar with the Jenny studies.... by Burl Hall on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:11:44 AM
If you decide to have a group meditation--i have b... by Kim Cassidy on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:54:38 AM
How would you envision this?  Would we have f... by Burl Hall on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:04:43 AM
Our group silence if we achieve it will probably b... by Theresa Paulfranz on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:43:31 PM
my life is different every day - assisting my elde... by Meryl Ann Butler on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:25:06 PM
that the flower of life is the unfolding pattern o... by Meryl Ann Butler on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:18:10 PM
Burl,I agree with you that there is a pattern behi... by E. J. N. on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:49:50 PM
I'll start, by suggesting that tomorrow at noon PS... by Kim Cassidy on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:26:44 PM
And i love that you are getting the ball rolling! ... by Meryl Ann Butler on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:26:53 PM
I shall be there.  Now, since I have a memory... by Burl Hall on Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:06:04 AM
Yeah, let's just see how it goes, and grows... I t... by Kim Cassidy on Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:22:02 AM
For 15 minutes before noon, so I would have time t... by Kim Cassidy on Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:13:50 AM
From my end the group meditation was fabulous, did... by Kim Cassidy on Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:46:57 PM
How is it you think I did?  I'm asking becaus... by Burl Hall on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 5:22:41 AM
It reminds me of a dream/vision I had, which inclu... by Meryl Ann Butler on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:37:25 AM
Thank you for sharing it! Yes, I think facebook w... by Kim Cassidy on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 5:05:29 PM
just ruminating about whether there is a way to do... by Meryl Ann Butler on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 7:44:22 PM
I've had a lot, beginning in my late 20s. But as a... by E. J. N. on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 2:56:41 PM
Ah, Jerusalem, Place of Peace...all Her ways are P... by Burl Hall on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:34:08 PM
It's been many years since I've heard Neil sing it... by Kim Cassidy on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:25:03 PM
I am very happy with our meditation yesterday--so ... by Kim Cassidy on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 4:23:14 PM
Sounds great....I may be quiet for a while....I'll... by Burl Hall on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:41:27 PM
I assumed she was ill and you were going to tend t... by Kim Cassidy on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:39:52 PM
I don't think it's merely chance that we all wound... by Kim Cassidy on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:58:21 PM
with a friend in China. It begins by visualizing a... by Tommy Wright on Sunday, Jan 20, 2013 at 1:10:41 PM
Would you like to join in our common cause meditat... by Kim Cassidy on Sunday, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:00:51 PM
I believe we are already on the same wavelength an... by Tommy Wright on Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:23:11 PM
There is really no time limitations, of course the... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:38:53 AM
Have you had a chance yet to meditate with the gro... by Kim Cassidy on Sunday, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:07:12 PM
I have meditated with you at 12 noon for the past ... by Theresa Paulfranz on Sunday, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:51:03 PM
I will send you my email address if that will be b... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:00:57 AM
I did meditate today, but not at the appointed tim... by Meryl Ann Butler on Sunday, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:54:18 PM
Yes, I've been meditating and work on focusing on ... by Burl Hall on Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:13:35 AM
If there is a better time for you, or if you want ... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:07:46 AM
I think Swamper Tom is right on target....in medit... by Burl Hall on Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:39:20 AM