Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 3 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 1 Share on StumbleUpon 1 Tell A Friend (5 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   23 comments

Life Arts

Letter From a Teacher to Kids

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

opednews.com Headlined to H4 10/8/12

But I've said enough here for you to get the idea. We should be thinking for real about a better future for all of us, especially you and your family, and one day your own children, assuming you decide to have them.

If you have particular questions, visit my main website, voteutah.us, and click on the "Comments" button. That goes straight to me and I'll do my best to answer any question you may have.

Last but not least, if you like my ideas, please do spread the word to your friends and family. Use Facebook and Twitter if you have it. I hope your parents agree with me, but if not that is their choice, just as it is yours too. Whether you live in Utah or not doesn't matter, the main thing is for people to check these ideas and make up their own mind on them. Politicians everywhere should be thinking about them, but, sadly, most are not.

P.S. I have some websites of things I've worked on that you may be interested in. For water toys, check www.aquaglider.us; for anyone who likes flying, try this: www.hyperblimp.com; for anyone who wants to actually see me about twenty years ago when I built and lived in an unusual solar home, try this:  http://www.opednews.com/articles/Living-on-Sunshine-Underg-by-Daniel-Geery-110318-547.html

Next Page  1  |  2

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly want: (more...)

Related Topic(s): ; ; , Add Tags

Why have kids?

The Foundation of Religion Fractured, shaky, and exposed

Living on Sunshine, Underground & Off the Grid.

Rocky Anderson: "Not a Snowball's Chance in Hell!"

Comments

Thank you Daniel for this thoughtful commentary on... by Ben Wofford on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:30:56 AM
And I imagine any reader here could say the same t... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:38:59 PM
Having had some experience in the classroom 'are y... by landshark on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:14:36 PM
I have worked as a substitute teacher, and actuall... by landshark on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:19:58 PM
and always had a bag of tricks of my own. Very few... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 7:04:07 PM
If it was shown to me (or the other teachers in th... by landshark on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:04:26 AM
Who is in charge of the same class every day, does... by landshark on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:12:14 AM
underpaid, unappreciated, and treated like mindles... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:47:19 PM
The discipline systems used in many schools don't ... by landshark on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:37:26 PM
my lines of thought. And when they're playing "Sin... by Daniel Geery on Thursday, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:59:31 AM
IMO there are many "tricks" for the disruptors. Yo... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:52:55 AM
to let them run with it. But I was always on the o... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:57:44 PM
I hope I got that right. It seems you are running ... by Ad Du on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:05:12 PM
 I wish textbooks (for high school, at leas... by Ad Du on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:10:58 PM
thank you! ... by Daniel Geery on Monday, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:11:58 PM
 Sir,  Would it be possible for you to w... by Ad Du on Tuesday, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:40:44 PM
I assume you mean Native Americans. I subbed for... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:55:47 AM
 Hello,  I did not mean you haven't done... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:01:25 PM
and I have read a lot--that I did not consider rel... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:02:05 PM
 Sir,  I was simply referring to my rele... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:04:35 PM
 I insist: technology is great, but it's be... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:15:30 PM
treat Native Americans like dirt, and it is yet an... by Daniel Geery on Thursday, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:06:16 AM
I am a teacher, too, and I love everything you sai... by Susan Lee Schwartz on Tuesday, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:27:59 PM