Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
39 comments

It's Time for Kucinich, Conyers, Feingold and Other 'Progressives' in Congress to Take a Stand

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 9   Must Read 7   Valuable 4

Headlined to H1 1/21/10

It's time for the Progressive Caucus in Congress to put up or shut up: Quit the party! You ain't doing no good for nobody serving in Congress as a Democrat!

__________________

DAVE LINDORFF is a Philadelphia-area journalist. He is author most recently of "The Case for Impeachment," (St. Martin's Press, 2006). His work is available at www.thiscantbehappening.net

Next Page  1  |  2

Dave Lindorff is a founding member of the collectively-owned, journalist-run online newspaper www.thiscantbehappening.net. He is a columnist for Counterpunch, is author of several recent books ("This Can't Be Happening! Resisting the (more...)

Israel's Gaza Atrocities Recall America's Atrocities in Vietnam

The Case for Impeachment of President Barack Obama

Barack Obama: Manchurian Candidate Version 2.0

Free John Walker Lindh, Bush's and Cheney's First Torture Victim!

What Nobody's Saying: The Bailout Will Kill the Dollar

Comments

I agree with everything said especially this part ... by Judi on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:23:52 AM
Dave, I know you are concerned with the many progr... by Alan MacDonald on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:51:19 AM
A grouping of all people for human rights and nee... by Philip Dennany on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:54:00 PM
You mean, like the False-flag on 9/11?... by Bia Winter on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:27:58 PM
How two Republican senators (one from a family of ... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:40:10 PM
Dean's campaign threatened the corporate masters o... by Bob Soper on Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 5:09:30 AM
But people don't want expression of true feelings.... by BFalcon on Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:50:48 AM
To actually win, a third party has to siphon votes... by Scott Baker on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:43:25 PM
Well you're right Scott. But frankly and short of ... by Michael Shaw on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:08:48 PM
Given a first AND second choice, wouldn't most of ... by Bia Winter on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:35:49 PM
This might be the right time. But somehow I don't ... by Michael Shaw on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:41:18 PM
With an important addition: the system favors "win... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:44:05 PM
Conyers take a stand???? I don't think so!!!click ... by BARB BF on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:43:34 PM
And he never considered anything I said seriously ... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:46:37 PM
Yes, dammit, YES.... by B. Ross Ashley on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:55:14 PM
I am a liberal democrat largely turned libertarian... by truthseeker7 on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:01:30 PM
are the guys who got us into this economic mess an... by Michael Shaw on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:50:38 PM
Why does Ron Paul campaign for Michele Bachmann? H... by janet o'connell on Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:18:31 PM
I agree with him about the FED, at least to a degr... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:43:54 PM
After 40 years I departed, with about 15,000 Orego... by Joe Walsh on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:45:37 PM
I ended my subscription to the DCCC webpage and to... by Michael Shaw on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:53:22 PM
in their own party. Dennis Kucinich can tell you t... by Michael Shaw on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:32:48 PM
I dream come 2012 that there are 6 good candidates... by Michael Dewey on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:59:41 PM
It just adjourned a couple months ago. It is stil... by daveys on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 1:17:05 AM
Conditionally, I take exceptionally strong excepti... by Ed Tubbs on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:39:24 PM
Ask all the ignorants (neighbors, friends etc) whe... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:03:16 PM
The sentiment is utterly correct, we must form a n... by Steve Windisch (jibbguy) on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:03:08 PM
are on the endangered species list for their upcom... by shirley reese on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:44:28 PM
Dave is a good old boy from my home state of Penns... by John Murphy on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:53:29 PM
Dave is a good old boy from my home state of Penns... by John Murphy on Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:04:49 PM
I am still waiting for a currently serving Dem to ... by daveys on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 1:22:43 AM
Here's a big problem: Just a year ago, most progre... by Perry Logan on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 6:17:43 AM
Bill Clinton was my favorite and I still think tha... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:16:47 PM
Nader? Paul? McKinney? I voted for Kucinich in the... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:56:11 PM
All your idols have one thing in common; thay also... by BFalcon on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:33:56 PM
I agree with the premise, but why a "new" third pa... by Stuart Bedasso on Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:45:26 PM
who will guarantee a new third party will not be a... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:00:42 PM
Respectfully, for everyone's serious consideration... by Rob George on Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:57:39 PM
Dave's article makes good points, but if these "pr... by John Kirkland on Friday, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:47:37 PM