- Retirement benefits
- Good public schools for my kids if any (so that I will not have to pay for the private school and still pay my property taxes)
- Vast network of vocational schools and community colleges from which we, engineers should get technicians and be able offer them good jobs.
- Technical professionals, not managers being in charge of outsourcing.
- Significant technical presence in politics with emphacis on big national projects.
- Transformation of the corporate strategy back to the product- oriented one.
- Strong, organized and highly qualified manufacturing people; Trade Unions are actually good for professionals.
And here's the one overcasting all the others- stop lying.
Someone said in my former life in Russia that lie was not economically viable. That means that no matter what the lie is about-it is always a waste. Take the budget issue for instance. GW squandered the budget and when he was doing that GOP was with him. He lied about everything. Just imagine how much money was wasted on the covert vengeance against Valery Plame and you will understand where the whole US budget went. So when now the GOP folks howl about fiscal responsibility they lie through their teeth. Democrats lie too. They lie in their vehement effort to lie better then Republicans. " Everything they can do, we can do better,'- sing the Dems the same song all the time. In reality they all serve the same masters.
Lie destroys our country. It was a lie that paralyzed the Katrina response and thousands paid the price. It was a lie that sent our troops into the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and we still are paying for it. It is a lie that our country will benefit from the predatory outsourcing and from the losing of the Trade- Unions. It is a lie that our teachers are bad- our schools are bad because we do not want our children to study; we do not have perspectives for them.
I do not want to be super- rich. I want to be able to work for living and be valuable and useful as me, not some compendium of skills. And I want respect, very much so. The climate of total disrespect we cultivated had created monsters. I don't want to be one of them. I want to live and die human,
Considering all of the above on whose side should I be? On whose side we all should be? Isn't it obvious that GOP and Dems had abandoned us; they sold themselves to the highest bidder/ Then what must we become? We must become a highest bidder. And that brings me to the last point in my stylish narrative: we need a victory.
- Instead of hearing what Robert E. Lee could do to us I would like to know what we can do to him.
Ulysses S. Grant
I am tired of hearing about GOP offensive. I want to hear quite the opposite. I want to hear an offensive on Them! I want the cooperative initiative of all progressive forces and their allies doing something. Like impeaching Clarence Thomas or making Michelle Bachmann shut up forever. Something which will lead to victory. I am willing as a professional to contribute to any plan which leads to the eventual victory if not just a hope for it. But I cannot and I will not contribute to the way we are now: whining and complaining that THEY are on the prowl. YES they are! We must turn the tables. And that would be stylish, directly from that book:
- Once upon a time Little Red Hood was walking through the woods, when the Wolf jumped out from behind the tree frightening her.