(3) "Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause," shifting blame for failures, "channel(ling) frustration in controlled directions," and vilifying targeted groups for political advantage.
(4) "The supremacy of the military/avid militarism," allocating a disproportionate share of national wealth and resources for it.
(5) "Rampant sexism," viewing women as second-class citizens.
(6) "A controlled mass media," in public or private hands, promoting power elite policies.
(7) "Obsession with national security," using it as an instrument of belligerence and oppression.
(8) "Religion and ruling elite tied together," portraying themselves as military defenders of the nation's dominant religion at the expense of one or more others, deemed inferior or threatening.
(9) "Power of corporations defended," for economic power, military production, and social control.
(10) "Power of labor suppressed or eliminated," leaving political and corporate dominance unchallenged.
(11) "Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts," because they represent intellectual and academic freedom, subversive to national security and political control.
(12) "Obsession with crime and punishment," handling them by draconian criminal justice measures and practices.
(13) "Rampant cronyism and corruption," power elites enriching themselves at the expense of others less fortunate.
(14) "Fraudulent elections," manipulated for desired results by disenfranchising opposition voters or simply rigging the process.
1 | 2