Frederick Kempe is president and CEO. He's a former Wall Street Journal correspondent, editor and associate publisher. He's a regular major media commentator.
Damon Wilson is executive vice president. Formerly he served on George W. Bush's National Security Council. He's committed to strengthening NATO. Like all past and current ACUS members, he supports America's imperial project.
The Washington Post listed other Hagel credentials. Past and current ones include:
- US senator (Nebraska-R.) from 1997 - 2009;
- chairman of the US Vietnam War Commemoration Advisory Committee;
- co-chairman of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and Defense Policy Board member;
- Private Sector Council president and CEO;
- Vanguard Cellular Systems co-founder, director and executive vice president;
- Communications Corporation International LTD chairman;
- Hagel & Clarke co-founder, director and president;
- president McCarthy & Co,;
- Veterans Administration deputy administrator;
- Firestone Tire & Rubber government affairs director; and
- a decorated Vietnam vet.
He's no dove. He's solidly right-wing. He supported Bush's war on terror. He backs it now. He voted for every National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). He endorsed NATO's 1999 Yugoslavia war.
At the time he said: "When you're in a war, you're in a war to win." He called Slobodan Milosevic "a butcher loose in the backyard of NATO." He viewed Kosovo as a "goal-line stand."