The slides from the presentation were later arranged into a video published on April 12 on rainbeaudais' YouTube channel. (Watching in full screen and frequent pausing to read slides is recommended.) It also includes a video showing strange water movement on the surface of the sinkhole, which was never seen by the public before the meeting:
UPDATE: On April 12, Texas Brine Company officials stated that new studies show that 97 percent of the 20-million-barrel subsurface cavity is now filled with rock and other underground material, according to The Advocate.
Sinkhole photo kindly provided by http://www.onwingsofcare.org/
Some of the information and diagrams in this article were taken from "The Bayou Corne Cavern Collapse, Technical Summary," by Gary R. Hecox, Ph.D., PG, CB&I, March 18, 2013, Louisiana State Legislative Committee Hearing.
Additional information is available on the Bayou Corne Sinkhole Community page on Facebook.
Previous articles in this series:
13. Sinkhole Update: Explosive Gases Found in Adjacent Residences (April 4, 2013) click here=164803&submit=Back
12. Bayou Sinkhole Update: Increased Seismic Activity, Access Ramp Caves In (March 28, 2013) click here
11. Bayou Corne Sinkhole Swallows 25 More Trees (March 26, 2013) click here=164412&submit=Back
10. Over 90 "Micro" Earthquakes Overnight at the Bayou Corne Sinkhole (MAR. 13, 2013) click here
9. Nightmare Sinkhole Out of Control, Cave-ins Continue at Bayou Corne (Feb. 13, 2013) at click here
8. Just Released: Wildly Bubbling Gases Near Catastrophic Louisiana Sinkhole (Jan. 22, 2013) at click here
7. Gov. Jindal Ignores Sinkhole Disaster; Activists & Scientists Demand Assistance for Traumatized Residents (Jan. 20, 2013) at click here
6. Sudden Seismic Activity in Louisiana Bayou: Sinkhole Burps, Pad Cracks, Police Copter Arrives UPDATED (Jan. 19, 2013) at click here5. Bayou Sinkhole Site Update: Flammable Tap Water (Nov. 2, 2012) at click here
4. Alarming Sinkhole Continues to Cave In: Seismic Activity, Odors, Health Symptoms Reported (Oct. 30, 2012) at click here