Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
38 comments

Coulter Angers Her Base, Criticizes Conspiracy about Obama's Nationality

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 1   Funny 1   Interesting 1

Headlined to H2 7/26/09

The Freepers at Free Republic are furious that Coulter has refused to join them on this insane trip to conspiracy land. The thread to discuss her comments on "Birthers" immediately jumped to over 200 replies, see http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2301269/posts . Mind you, everything Ann has done in the past has been met with unqualified support on Free Republic. Here are some of the responses to her saying Obama's citizenship is not in question:

"Ann Coulter has an opinion. Whoop-de-doo."

"So how do you know Ann? Are you going to believe Obama who lies with impunity every day? So you take a liars word for it. Go it."

"She went from calling Duncan Hunter the ideal candidate to Mitt the bottom feeder Romney. Can't make a much wider swing than that." (Does that mean Mitt shouldn't try to attend the upcoming Freeper convention?)

"So Ann has another Liberal boyfriend? Ann dating Bill puzzled me for a long time, and now she is starting to behave like some of the other women who once claimed to be Conservative."

"ANN DRANK THE FOOL AID!!!! "

and my favorite because it says so much by a poster named Paulycy:

"Don't flame me, I'm just trying to think this through because this doesn't sound like an Ann Coulter position at all."

You are right, Paulycy, this does NOT sound like an Ann Coulter position. It is entirely too reasoned and normal and it misses an opportunity to take a fact-challenged cheap shot at a Democrat (although as I said, the hyperbole is still there). Never fear Coulter supporters, at the next available opportunity, I am sure we will see the return of the real Ann, she'll make a completely outrageous attack on a Democrat or Democrats and her brief flirtation with reality will soon become a distant memory. However, I'm willing to be proven wrong. I've heard this reality thing can become addictive.

Next Page  1  |  2

A political blogger for the International Business Times, Steve Leser is a hot national political pundit. He has appeared on MSNBC's Coundown with Keith Olbermann, Comedy Central's Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Russia Today's (RT) Crosstalk with (more...)

McCain Campaign Violated McCain-Feingold law with Palin Clothing Purchases

McCain attacked 18 year old Chelsea Clinton in 1998 now says Palin's family & kids are off limits

McCain says "Horseshit" on National TV During Debate

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

Palin: Drill Baby Drill, but blame Obama for the Spill!

Palin to McCain - Oops I did it Again

Comments

The trouble is that too many on the Right who are ... by weslen1 on Sunday, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:27:40 PM
Why don't you say to whom you are referring?... by wagelaborer on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:33:50 AM
You wrote: "Sarah Palinbrought out in the crowds s... by Mad Jayhawk on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:31:02 AM
Most US political fanatics have a list of one or t... by Jason Paz on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:05:27 AM
When I was facing the draft, I considered the Weat... by WML on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:03:58 AM
I doubt if many of us young people during Vietnam ... by Jason Paz on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:17:17 AM
I consider myself a progressive.  However, I beli... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:18:37 AM
and perhaps you'd like to have the original physic... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:43:51 AM
Mssrs Lesar and Sanchez have apparently failed to ... by legalpad on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:08:50 PM
since she is the one whose opinions are being disc... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:01:15 PM
there is no obligation for me to satisfy the curio... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:09:56 AM
And your point is...?The birth certificate has bee... by Dak on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:39:45 AM
"Obama has alsospent several hundred thousand to o... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:10:02 PM
With all these lawsuits, do you think the high pow... by Michael Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:43:29 PM
I was more interested in "conceal his birth certif... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:02:07 PM
Here is one person that has filed a lawsuit demand... by Michael Lee on Wednesday, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:00:24 AM
Just when I was thinking that I had something of ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:25:02 AM
Knowing how vile Ann Coulter is, do you really bel... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:50:56 AM
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.Obviousl... by PrMaine on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:07:19 PM
A digital clock can still be right twice a day if ... by Dave Kisor on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:20:22 PM
Often the screen is blank.... by PrMaine on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:28:23 AM
Comments from "progressives" who fall for right wi... by wagelaborer on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:41:19 AM
Cynthia McKinney has more integrity in her little ... by del martin on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:23:32 PM
I had planned on voting for Obama. Until he flip f... by Michael Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:59:29 PM
His father was an American Naval officer stationed... by Dave Kisor on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:42:05 PM
are correct twice a day.... by Cheryl Abraham on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:59:55 AM
Coulter, I am with you most of the time, even when... by Fred Mitchell on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:25:00 PM
the more he is suspect.Obmaa..aa...aa...ma now ver... by richard on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:33:34 PM
sophisticated one. See linkThis chain e-mail is a ... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:10:57 PM
Now, please provide all of the documents I noted s... by richard on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:23:15 PM
I included mine.I still need to research the colle... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:31:34 PM
"Is it really hard to figure out where this is all... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:39:15 PM
do the research outlined by Steven to satisfy your... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:47:52 AM
As vile as Coulter can be, perhapsdue toso little ... by Richard Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:52:37 PM
I wonder if people ever forge documents? You know,... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:36:36 PM
The birthers betray the selective skepticism that ... by Perry Logan on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:49:30 AM
Turn your erroneous perspective around and apply i... by Richard Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:43:28 PM
The Ann Coulters keep things balanced. Without her... by Mad Jayhawk on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:03:10 PM