5. Good housing, and protection from hunger.
6. A safe and healthy environment.
7. The right to collectively organize and bargain.
8. A just taxation system where corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share.
9. Restoring the promise -- life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all.
As Trumka speaks about that "simple standard" to demand of elected officials, politicians and their parties, he and the rest of the labor movement could find few better places of beginning than that pledge to support the NNU's "Main Street Contract for the American People."
1 | 2