28. Charles Lane and John Mintz, "Bid to Thwart Hijackers May Have Led to Pa. Crash," Washington Post, 13 September 2001 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A14344-2001Sep11).
29. Kerry Hall, "Flight Attendant Helped Fight Hijackers," News & Record (Greensboro, N.C.), 21 September 2001 (http://webcache.news-record.com/legacy/photo/tradecenter/bradshaw21.htm).
30. 9/11CR 6.
31. Gail Sheehy, "Stewardess ID'd Hijackers Early, Transcripts Show," New York Observer, 15 February 2004 (http://www.observer.com/node/48805).
32. "Calm Before the Crash: Flight 11 Crew Sent Key Details Before Hitting the Twin Towers," ABC News, 18 July 2002 (http://web.archive.org/web/20020803044627/http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/DailyNews/primetime_flightattendants_020718.html).
33. A. K. Dewdney, "The Cellphone and Airfone Calls from Flight UA93," Physics 911, 9 June 2003 (http://physics911.net/cellphoneflight93.htm). For discussion of this issue, see The New Pearl Harbor Revisited, 112-14.
34. See Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can?t Stand Up to the Facts: An In-Depth Investigation by Popular Mechanics, ed. David Dunbar and Brad Reagan (New York: Hearst Books, 2006), 83-86.
35. Lechner FBI Affidavit; available at Four Corners: Investigative TV Journalism (http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/atta/resources/documents/fbiaffidavit1.htm). Woodward and Sweeney are not identified by name in the affidavit, which refers simply to the former as "an employee of American Airlines at Logan" and to the latter as "a flight attendant on AA11." But their names were revealed in an "investigative document compiled by the FBI" to which Eric Lichtblau referred in "Aboard Flight 11, a Chilling Voice," Los Angeles Times, 20 September 2001 (http://web.archive.org/web/20010929230742/http://latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-092001hijack.story).
36. 9/11CR 453n32.
37. Gail Sheehy, "9/11 Tapes Reveal Ground Personnel Muffled Attacks," New York Observer, 24 June, 2004 (http://www.observer.com/node/49415).
38. Greg Gordon, "Prosecutors Play Flight 93 Cockpit Recording," McClatchy Newspapers, KnoxNews.com, 12 April 2006 (http://www.knoxsingles.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=MOUSSAOUI-04-12-06&cat=WW). The quoted statement is Gordon?s paraphrase of the testimony of "a member of the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force."
39. See United States v. Zacarias Moussaoui, Exhibit Number P200054 (http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaoui/exhibits/prosecution/flights/P200054.html). This graphics presentation can be more easily viewed in "Detailed Account of Phone Calls from September 11th Flights" at 9-11 Research (click here
40. "The Final Moments of United Flight 93," Newsweek, 22 September 2001 (click here See "Interview with Deena Lynne Burnett (re: phone call from hijacked flight)," 9/11 Commission, FBI Source Documents, Chronological, September 11, 2001, Intelfiles.com, 14 March 2008 (http://intelfiles.egoplex.com:80/2008/03/911-commission-fbi-source-documents.html); Greg Gordon, "Widow Tells of Poignant Last Calls," Sacramento Bee, 11 September 2002 (http://holtz.org/Library/Social%20Science/History/Atomic%20Age/2000s/Sep11/Burnett%20widows%20story.htm); and Deena L. Burnett (with Anthony F. Giombetti), Fighting Back: Living Beyond Ourselves (Longwood, Florida: Advantage Inspirational Books, 2006), where she wrote: "I looked at the caller ID and indeed it was Tom?s cell phone number" (61).
42. William M. Arkin, "When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing," Washington Post, 1 February 1999 (click here Although Brickhouse Security?s advertisement for Telephone Voice Changers (http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/telephone-voice-changers.html) has been modified in recent years, it previously included a device called "FoneFaker," the ad for which said: "Record any call you make, fake your Caller ID and change your voice, all with one service you can use from any phone."
44. For Deena Burnett?s reconstruction of the calls, see http://www.tomburnettfoundation.org/tomburnett_transcript.html.