Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
67 comments

People Who Hate OpEdNews

By (about the author)     Permalink
Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags
Add to My Group

Headlined to H2 8/12/08

After five and half years of being on the web, OpEdNews has been demonstrating growth and success in its mission of making a progressive difference. So it's not surprising that there are people who don't like OEN or me. A handful have started on vendettas or have become obsessed with OEN, primarily people who have been banned from the site. This diary's goal is to show these haters how they are helping OEN and me.

::::::::

Some post articles filled with lies, attacking OpEdNews and Rob Kall.

One created a hate Rob Kall website.

Another sends out newsletters.

These whack jobs are a sundry lot- narcissists, borderlines, psychopaths, racist KKK types, anti-semites, and anti-foreigner (I'm a foreigner because my grandparents only came to the US 100+ years ago.)

Some are not satisfied that I am liberal or progressive enough, because I disagree with them on some issues. Some are right wing extremists.

Some have sent or are  still are sending emails to OpEdNews writers or members, using fear tactics to scare them--

Just about all of them are liars.

After some discussion among senior editorial staff, we've decided to do what the big guys do and use these attacks to raise contributions, while also responding to the lies. The hope is that when these pathetic losers with nothing better to do than waste their time hating OEN and Rob Kall realize that they are actually HELPING, they will cease and desist.

Here's one that appeared a month or so ago:

I just stumbled across this after leaving my internship at "DropDeadNews" because of the scumbag(s) running the place.
I was supposed to be getting college credits, but after a year of long unpaid hours and late nights Rob Kall casually informed me that I was " sh*t outta luck son" so my confidences and allegiance to that ratbag are OVER !

There is an RSS code hidden in the website which sends user and poster information directly to the Homeland Security database.
Rob Kall is a Zionist spy, and he sends I.P. tracking info on everyone who visits and posts there.
Unless you want to end up in Gitmo, I suggest you abandon any dreams you may have had about internet fame from your writings at OpEdNews..

I believe t his was written by an anti-semite who had added me to an email list. I called him on his antisemitism and this resulted.

Fact is, we have sought interns but have only had one freshman contact us and actually discuss the possibility of doing an internship. She was given one assignment and never heard from again. We WOULD like to work with interns. The claim about having an intern working with OEN for a year, for any hours is a lie. I think this "nugget" came out in June, about the time we announced we were seeking interns. We’re still seeking interns. A number of the volunteer editors on our masthead are professors of journalism or associated with university writing programs.

Some of the OEN haters will create multiple personas or false identities and then refer to them as further evidence of their claims.

Regarding being a Zionist spy, well, I am Jewish. That's no secret. Read my writings and you'll see I'm no fan of AIPAC but also don't put up with anti-semitism cloaked behind abuse of the words zionist or zionism. And see all the anti-Israel articles on the site and you'll be sure that I don't act as an agent for Israel.

Regarding RSS feeds to homeland security-- if you believe that you probably believe that aliens have implanted transmitters in your teeth too.  But to be clear, we do not cooperate or in any way work with , share with or cooperate with any government agency and never have.

One particularly disturbed Opednews hater says I’m posting articles as part of a plan to close OpEdNews and desert the members and writers. The fact is, I cross post my articles to Huffingtonpost with my bio saying that I publish OpEdNews. With the Huffpo’s much higher traffic, I see this as a way to expose my writing and opednews.com to new people who are not aware of it. We have a number of writers who cross post on huffpo, dailykos, buzzflash, counterpunch and other sites and I think it’s great.  I stopped running a conference business that brought in six figures annually so I could devote more time to OpEd News.com I took a huge pay cut and now take $1500 a month for the average of 12 hours a day, seven days a week that I put in.

If you find this kind of attack on me and OpEdNEws as offensive and insulting as most readers, I hope you'll send a message to the cretins who wrote I and similar screed-- that you're inspired by it to make a contribution to OpEdNEws.com Click here to donate to OpEdNews.com
We'll be posting these irregularly, as they appear. I'd like to see some comments reporting contributions or just stating opinions about these  mentally pathological trolls.

I want to be clear that there are some former members of OEN who just lost it and engaged in too many adhominem personal attacks. They're mostly decent sorts who understood that they had to be banned because they didn't follow the rules. These others who are attacking OEN are different. They are far more pathologically impaired, in ugly, nasty ways.

Rob Kall is executive editor, publisher and website architect of OpEdNews.com, Host of the Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio Show (WNJC 1360 AM), and publisher of more...)

Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags

Comments

The time limit for entering new comments on this diary has expired.

It is a shame but the challenge is when you allow ... by Reverend Anthony Wade on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:18:15 PM
Dear Rob and OEN's Real Contributers and Reade... by Kevin Anthony Stoda on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:56:22 AM
. . . this comment just posted today on an artic... by Dana Pico on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:18:34 PM
. . . it interesting dana that you use this opport... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:18:55 PM
I read your piece on the commentary about those on... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:05:53 AM
what was your point? It was an informational comme... by Dana Pico on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:12:21 PM
Rob, we had a disagreement some long time ago, ove... by Irvthom on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:39:46 PM
: Cleaning the Two Party Garbage O... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:43:16 AM
you know you're winning." Thank you ... by Elizabeth Ferrari on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:51:19 PM
Cheer up, Rob Kall! The same things happened ... by Tazza Hwang on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:09:26 PM
Appreciate the rare opportunity to have a platform... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:32:51 PM
  I am one of "them" too ( or ... by Theresa Paulfranz on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:34:46 PM
As someone who has been maligned, defamed and libe... by Werner Patels on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:06:18 PM
Does it warrant headlining? I think not. Keep... by Ferdinand on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:14:22 PM
"I feel your pain," - Bill Clinton on Ma... by Tom Murphy on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:38:28 PM
"It is fatal to enter any war without the bra... by JC Garrett on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:15:33 AM
Interesting...  But you don't enter a war... by Tom Murphy on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:39:00 PM
The purpose of the war in Iraq...is to have a war ... by JC Garrett on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:18:58 AM
Sounds like something Sun Tzu would havething to c... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:53:45 AM
....from somebody who said you were an Israeli, Ro... by Mark E. Smith on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:11:27 PM
that support for one issue, or even a batch, could... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:32:46 PM
...because you have quite a few elections to go (a... by Irvthom on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:28:53 PM
                      ... by Theresa Paulfranz on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:41:42 AM
.  .  . because the vast majority of ele... by Dana Pico on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:19:54 PM
You're my hero, Rob.  No kidding. Bill&nb... by W. Christopher Epler (Bill) on Tuesday, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:54:20 PM
Boy, that'd be an exercise in futility. Even i... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:13:44 AM
The first responsibility of a journalist is to tak... by Rabbi on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:49:36 AM
The first responsibility of a journalist is to tak... by Dana Pico on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:24:33 PM
Just made my donation!!Hope it helps. ... by John R Moffett on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:27:54 AM
Rob, I would see it as a good sign that people are... by Sharon Froehlich on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:03:24 AM
As I've said before, I'm probably one of t... by shielah jones on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:16:03 AM
As long as a person is toeing the party line (no m... by Sharon Froehlich on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:16:57 AM
When you say: As long as a person is toeing the pa... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:40:03 AM
isn't it "tow the line?"The phrase m... by shielah jones on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:51:37 AM
toe the line and toe the linei'm glad you... by Cheryl Biren on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:21:36 PM
because there are thousands of points of evidence ... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:48:30 AM
I've had articles posted on OpEdNews. I've had art... by Thaddeus Kaczor Jr on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:16:33 AM
Keep in mind, OEN has close to 40 volunteer editor... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:33:12 AM
I didn't mean my reply to be a criticism of th... by Thaddeus Kaczor Jr on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:50:00 PM
.. all I can say is you must be doing plenty right... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:59:11 AM
I found your related incidents humorous.  And... by Steve Windisch (jibbguy) on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 12:34:57 PM
Opednews is a refreshing site to read when co... by Rolland Miller on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:00:59 PM
writing and reading on this site is like living in... by Mark Sashine on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:27:16 PM
Most of the opinions that is. But I love to come h... by Gallaher on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:39:02 PM
That's why I watch FOX nearly as much as anyth... by JC Garrett on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:36:05 AM
unlike posting one's own blog, where the major... by mhenriday on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:58:51 PM
...already has all our names and have already snap... by shirley reese on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:57:42 PM
editor's note. We don't intend to help tro... by Dana Pico on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:06:49 PM
When I first started writing and posting on the in... by Jim Bush on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:10:59 PM
You've just softened up because you fell in lo... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:34:17 PM
Since I know you are probably reading these, I mig... by scott creighton on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:14:28 PM
Scott. I'll let Rob reply to your comment sinc... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:01:52 PM
Well, that is probably it... except for the fact, ... by scott creighton on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:17:20 PM
OpEdNews gets articles from India, Pakistan, Afric... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:16:28 PM
I don't anticipate editorial decisions like th... by scott creighton on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:06:17 AM
Since this was a mistake, and you yourself say tha... by scott creighton on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:43:58 PM
when I checked on it.  this doesn't happe... by Rob Kall on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:36:00 PM
Just as a bit of irony, there was one line I remov... by scott creighton on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:05:00 PM
 From Stupid to Moronic to Evil, By Paul Crai... by meremark on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:45:19 PM
This crotchety HTML Editor for Comments, and I, si... by meremark on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:52:14 PM
I agree with you. Especially on 9/11 and how one c... by scott creighton on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:59:15 PM
What a delightful panoply of opinions and people. ... by martinweiss on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:16:09 PM
Actually, I think most of the people who post here... by shielah jones on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:55:40 AM
How can liberty be excessive?It was what the count... by JC Garrett on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:50:37 PM
the haters who are likely behind some of the hater... by Better World Order on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:11:39 AM
But in fact, people don't have to be CIA ... by scott creighton on Thursday, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:50:14 AM
OEN is simply the best site on the Internet dedica... by aberamsay on Friday, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:31:54 AM